Sunday, August 9, 2009

Tired

I am tired of the reality of fibro, and I don't even have it.

I am tired of the added burden and strain to what is already a stressful, difficult life.

I am tired of the lack of understanding and acceptance by those who haven't taken the time to do their homework and learn about this real disease.

I am tired of people looking at me when I talk about my teenage daughter's fibro as if I am making excuses for someone who is simply experiencing the trials of the teenage years.

I am tired of their condescending nods while their minds are somewhere else.

I am tired of worrying that doctors are not treating fibro as they should, because even they don't get it.

I am tired of it all. And that is why I am blogging. And that is why I am reaching out. And that is why we need your help to get TeenFibro off the ground.

And my tired is nothing at all compared to the "tired" felt by someone with fibromyalgia. I can rant and feel a bit better. They can rant all they want and the fatigue and pain will still be there.

Thank you for all you do to help bring fibro to the forefront of research and treatment efforts.

Together we can beat this. No matter how tired you are or I am.

1 comment:

  1. All of the things you are tired of are so so true. I'm especially feeling tired over doctors. I can't seem to find one that is truly willing to work with me and it's so incredibly frustrating. Especially given the fact that I live right out of NYC, you'd think they'd have some of the best lol.

    If you need any help getting TennFibro off the ground, just let me know. It's a wonderful thing you're doing and us teenagers/young adults really appreciate it.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete