Friday, August 14, 2009

Western Medicine is Behind!

Dr. Oz and Oprah have joined the conversation on fibromyalgia! Dr. Oz's concluding remarks in the article are here:

"Because Western medicine was slow to accept fibromyalgia, it is behind in its work; this is an area where patients will want to take a serious look at alternative approaches. Energy-based medicine could offer some important advances in treatment over the next decade, but since it has yet to be tested by independent research, I think it's premature to base your therapy solely on this approach. I'm more impressed by Teitelbaum's supplement regimen, and not only because he has tested his theories: I've put patients on this program with very good results. I would add counseling, as it should always be a part of fibromyalgia treatment. If after a couple of months you don't see improvement, talk to your doctor about drug therapy."

We are not alone in this fight!

Thank you to Oprah and Dr. Oz!

1 comment:

  1. I read this article as well. I really liked what he had to say, but I was slightly disappointed in his lack of information. I craved more ideas and treatments. It was great to read it though.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete